Friday 6 September 2013

Review: Vivo Colour Block Palette Dreamy

Hello,
 
Today I am going to be doing a review of a Vivo eyeshadow palette that I bought a while ago.
I am aware that one of the colours is all gone from my palette, it was the last one and reduced, and I really wanted it so I just got it anyway.
 
 
I don't really know how many people have heard of Vivo before - they have a website and are sold exclusively at Tesco - I think they very good value and the products all seem nice and well thought out. (website here
 
These palettes are £3.99 to buy (when not reduced!) which I think is really good value for 12 eye shadows.
It is called Dreamy which I think is really cute and these are the separate names for all the colours (which are handily on the back of the box incase you want to buy one separately)
 
I really love the cute little names for each of them
 
 
 
As you can see there is a lovely mix of matte and glitter shades - and they are all pretty neutral which I prefer in eyeshadows than more bright colours. I think some of the shades are a bit Goddess-y if you get what I mean hahahaha.
 
For the price, the eyeshadows are nicely pigmented, I wouldn't say they are absolutely AMAZINGLY pigmented but they are fairly good and I would definitely say that the glitter shades have much nice pigmentation than the matte ones. However, sometimes its nice to have an eyeshadow which gives more of a sheer cover I think.
 
They last quite well,  I generally wear 'Sand' to school because you can't even tell its on really it is so light but it does prevent my concealer from falling into the creases in my eyes for the whole day.
 
 

 I do think that a few of the shades in this palette are practically the same which I don't really see the point in but that and maybe that the matte shades aren't so pigmented are really the only things I can fault.
 
I'd say this palette is definitely worth the investment for the tiny price!
 
Now for some looks using the palette:
 
 
 
 For this look, I was kind of going for gold in the inner corner progressing to browny tones on the outer side. I must admit it did look better in person than on the picture but I think you know what I was going for!
For this I first used 'Neutral' right in my inner corner (like Tanya Burr (if you don't know who she is, Google her) I LOVE TANYA) to around the middle then I blended a mixture of 'Eternity' 'Dreamy' and 'Luxe' on the outer part of my eyelid and just blended. I also used 'Night' as eyeliner with an angled brush, on my lash line as close as I could and a little under my eyes. I really love powder eyeliner at the moment, I just think it looks much more natural and it's so much easier to do, I find liquid liner a little bit of a task and Felt tip liners almost impossible! I also think that you can't really tell that it's on, but at the same time, it makes my lash line look much thicker than with nothing.
 
 
 
For this one, I was AIMING for a kind of 'smoky' eye (but not really in the traditional way) but then my brush got a little too much black on it and started  going a little weird. So anyway, it's NOT really a 'smoky' eye but nevertheless I do like it. To achieve this failed smoky eye, I first put 'Stone' all over my eyelids because its a very light grey colour, then I used 'Dove' in the outer corners and blended forwards closer to my lash line. Now here's where it all went wrong. I then put a small amount of 'Night' right of the outer corners then blended it, I was pleased with the result but then I like sweeped the brush over my eyelids and it ended up like this. I do like it though :)
 
Because I'd already used the eyeshadow 'Night' (the black one) and this is quite a dark look, I thought that using powder eyeliner wouldn't be visible so I decided to use these:
 
This liquid Eyeliner from Primark (which was £1!! I feel a review coming on...)
and on my waterline I used this W7 kohl pencil which I don't think I would say is really the 'Blackest Black' but anyway
 
(Also note: I didn't mean to do that weird bump at the start of my eye, I'm still new to this whole eyeliner thing, forgive me <3)
 
So that's it,
What eyeshadow do you love?
Have you ever tried something from Vivo?
Do you know any other brands that I should try out?
What posts do you want to see?
 
Don't forget to comment and Follow on Bloglovin' while you're here :)
 
Bye <3
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment