Sunday 8 September 2013

5 Disappointing Products

Hello,

Today I am going to be sharing with you 5 products which I am fairly disappointed with, and I don't feel lived up to what they should have.


 
None of these products were overly pricey so I am not too disappointed because its not like I spent a tonne of money on something then it didn't live up to its expectations, but all money is money and buying something then it not being as great as you were expecting is a bit crap. 


 
Nivea Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturiser
 
 
So first is this Tinted moisturiser, I really like tinted moisturisers as they give very little coverage and look natural, but they still cover small blemishes and give the skin a nice glow. This was on Buy one get one free when I bought it (which is not the reason, I found out at the till) so now I am stuck with 2 bottles rather than just one! It's not absolutely terrible, but it doesn't smell very nice. I also find that, rather than giving the little bit of coverage I'm looking for, it actually makes my cheeks really red, almost like a reaction to it! Also, the colour is NOTHING like the little strip on the front, its MUCH darker and I also don't think there are any lighter shades, so that's a bit of a pain.
 
 
 
 
Natural Collection Loose Powder
 
I actually do like this powder for some things, it sets my makeup well and doesn't dry my skin, however it majorly breaks me out around my mouth and chin and there are weird little white chunky bits in it (not so good), I think this is mainly because the wholes on the sifter bit are pretty big. To be honest, I'd rather spend the extra £2 and get the Rimmel Stay Matte.
 
 
 
Rimmel Lasting Finish Mineral Powder Foundation in Classic Beige
 
I bought this off of Amazon to replace my more expensive Body Shop Mineral Foundation, however when it came, it was not a foundation at all! I understand that some foundation have a tiny amount of glow in them, but this has quite a shimmer and the colour is not classic beige, its very dark! I do like it as a bronzer, but I bought it for foundation! Also, the first time the opened it, I found out that the lid which lets out all the loose powder and isn't meant to be opened opens easier that the one which gets the spongey applicator out, resulting in me flying half of the product all over my room and the rest of my makeup! The sponge thing which is meant to apply it luckily filters out the glitter, but it is very hard to apply to your face with that applicator, but it is okay if put onto a brush.
 
 
Olay Essentials Conditioning Milk
 
Upon buying this, I did actually think that it was a moisturiser, but when I got home I realised it was actually a cleanser which you rub onto your face when its dry and use a damp cloth to remove it! Its quite watery compared with others of these that I've tried and I find that makes it feel as though my face isn't really all that clean, not so good.
 
 
 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara
 
The brush to this mascara, despite being VERY fat, meaning it can't get right to the bottom of my lashes and can't do the bottom ones, isn't TOO bad. It's just the formula of the actual mascara is SO watery, its doesn't last very long and goes all over my eyelids and under my eyes, I'm not really a fan of this one.
 
What products do you regret buying?
 
Don't forget to comment and Follow on Bloglovin' while you're here :)
 
Bye <3
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment