Friday 30 August 2013

August Favourites

Hello,

Today I'm going to be sharing with you my Favourites from the month of August, which I cannot believe is so nearly over already!


So these are a selection of the things I've been using a lot and loving this August.

Firstly, there are two pairs of flip flops/sandals which I have continuously worn this month!

 
These sandals are from Primark and I believe they were on sale from around £6 to £3 when I bought them so they were super cheap, they are so comfy and go with everything, I just really like these.
 
 
I got these Beach Athletics Gel flip flops last year in Bluewaters David and Goliath shop for £5 in the sale, but I believe they were meant to be around £15. They are incredibly comfy and I love them! However, they are definitely not made to walk a long way in!
 
 
 
Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Intensive Hair Mask - £3.99
I use this once a week on my hair after I go swimming and it makes my hair feel so soft, I also haven't had my hair cut since January and I don't have split ends at all.
 
 
Elvive Full Restore 5 Leave In Conditioner Spray - £3.99
Another hair product! I used this ages ago and I loved the way it conditioned my hair and detangled it and then I couldn't find it anywhere! So when I saw it in Superdrug - and on offer for £1.99 - I obviously got it! It's great for if I've been in the sea especially as I find the salt REALLY dries my hair and this returns it to good condition. When on offer, its a very good cheaper alternative to Aussie's Miracle Hair Insurance Conditioner Spray.
 
 
Toni & Guy Casual Sea Salt Texturizing Spray - £2.19 (linked is the bigger version because I cant find this mini one on the boots website)
 
 Wow, I've obviously used a lot of hair products this month! I got this little salt spray with my boots points recently and I do generally like it, especially when I have a pony tail, I have to touch it up through the day, which is why I got the mini one because I knew this would be the case as my hair is naturally SO straight that it doesn't really hold a style all day.
 
 
 Sticking with hair - this is the last hair thing- I have worn this flower bun topper thing a lot. I picked it up from Primark and it was £1.50! It's basically for when I have a bun, and I just put it on at the end like a hairband - but without twisting and going back over itself.
 

 
I have used this bag almost ever day this month! It was £6 from Primark and it's such a lovely size and I also really like the pockets at the side.
 
 
Cath Kidston Zip Purse in the Print Camberwell Rose - £6 (isn't the same print linked as it wasn't on the website)
I have loved this little makeup bag since I got it, I just love the print and the size is useful. I did use it for my daily makeup for a long time but since my makeup that I use daily outgrew this little bag I would only use it when taking a small amount of makeup somewhere. But earlier in the month I had a plan to use it as a place to keep all things that I forget when I go out, so that I can easily transport it between different bags that I'm using.
 
Here's what I keep inside:
 

A tin of mints, Soap and Glory Hand Maid Hand Sanitizer, Boots Paracetemol, Mini Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical, Extra Chewing Gum in Cool Breeze ( the best ones!) 

Bourjois Brush on Concealer, Pretty Perfect Eye Roll On Concealer, Mr Happy Plasters from Tesco

 
jcb headphones, Burts bees beeswax lip balm, Kleenex tissues, really cute William and Kate mirror that I won in the arcade and a fold away nail file
 
So its fair to say that little case fits quite a lot of stuff in it!
 
 
 
Soap and Glory Mist you Madly Mini Body Spray - £3.50
 
I really do love this body spray, it just smells so lovely!
 
 
Barry M Nail Paint Limited Edition (Last year :( ) #7
MUA Nail Varnish in Pistachio Ice Cream - £1
 
I've painted my nails a lot this summer and mainly with these two lovely summer colours. Not only are they lovely on their own, but they're also beautiful together
 
 
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream in Light - £9.99
 
As it's summer, I don't really like wearing foundation unless I specifically need a lot of coverage in one day, so I have been wearing my BB cream a lot as an alternative, its very light coverage but lasts well and just adds a nice touch to my face and evens my skin tone. Another reason I have been using this recently is because even though the colour is called light its slightly dark for my natural skin tone but is perfect in summer when I have a tan.
 
 
 
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent- £3.99
 
I am slightly late on the bandwagon with this powder, and I didn't really think I liked it despite the hype however now I've tried it again I have discovered that I do! It doesn't look cakey or powdery at all and doesn't dry my skin which I find a lot of powders do because my skin isn't very oily. It just keeps my skin from looking too shiny and seems to set my makeup.
 
 
 
Stippling Brush from Ebay - £1.89
 
Although I would really like a Real Techniques Stippling Brush (and all the other brushes to be fair) they are slightly out of my budget so I decided I would try out a cheaper alternative first. The brush is soft and is very good for the price, I use it to apply powder and it works well at not applying too much or too little.
 
 
 
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss (left) and Pink Punch (right) - £2.99
 
THEY ARRIVED! I was SO excited when Baby lips came to England, and after seeing so many American Youtubers or British youtubers who visited America get these I decided I would get these two. I really love the sheer colours and they last a surprising amount of time too, I've worn these a lot this month!
 
 
Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator - This one was a free sample so does not have a price value however the full size (30ml) is £21
 
This highlighter is such a natural colour and I love that it doesn't have big shimmery glitter bits it is and it just naturally highlights the top of my cheekbones, I have been loving this this August.
 
 
 
ASDA Blusher in No 4 Pink - £1.45
 
I have mentioned this Blusher before but I have only really started using it a lot this month. It is such a lovely summery pink colour and really brightens my face.
 
So that's it for my August Favourites
 
What have you been loving this month?
 
Don't forget to comment and follow on Bloglovin' while you're here
 
Bye :)

 

 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to try the BB Cream, I've heard alot about it. I'm also your newest follower on bloglovin. Stop back by my blog xx

    www.hautedare.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should definitely try it! thank you <3 I have checked out your blog, and now I'm your newest follower! xxx

      www.thebeautybeholder1479.blogspot.com

      Delete