Sunday 18 August 2013

Ebay Concealer Palette Review

Hello :)

Recently I was browsing on Ebay when I came across a concealer palette for £2.85! (Available here)As a sufferer of bad hereditary under eye dark circles, I was well up for trying it! It came from Hong Kong so the delivery was estimated between the 27th August and the 12th September, when I ordered on the 9th of August, so it was meant to take from around 3 weeks or more. However, it came as a lovely  surprise when it arrived yesterday, only 1 week after ordering, and free postage as well!


Here it is, there is a nice range of colours, obviously most of which I won't actually get any use out of but oh well, it was £2.85!


These are the sizes of the palette, I think this is a nice size because its not tiny so you're not getting any product but its not to big to fit in the average makeup bag and its slim so doesn't take up and excessive amount of space. However, the only downside to it being slim is that this means you don't actually get a great deal of product and with the amount of concealer I use, I am afraid that I will hit pan before not too long, but I feel like I cannot complain due to the tiny price tag!

Now onto the colours! I spotted this idea when browsing other blogs for reviews of this product before I went ahead and bought it, and I thought this was actually a really nice touch and helped me to see what colours were available and if they really looked like they do in the pan. So, credit to the lady who did this before me, I hope you don't mind me copying you, however, sadly, my sieve brain cannot remember the name of the blog!

 
The first 4 colours in the palette are correctors, with an extremely glittery highlighter type one (number 1). Whilst number 1 might be nice as a party eyeshadow base or colour, or even for body art - if that's your thing - I think it is too thick and far to sparkly for highlighter on my face. The 2nd is a green corrector for cancelling out redness, I have not yet tried this particular one, but I did believe that correctors were just a plea for more money and wouldn't really work, however after trying the Natural Collection Green Corrector I have changed my mind! 3rd is a pink colour and another corrector, however by Green Correctors being used to correct redness and the fact that pink is just a lighter version of Red, I can only assume that a pink corrector is for green :/, however I do not often have green on my face! Sometimes they are advertised to correct dull skin, so I am looking forward to trying this out! After a quick trusted google, I have found that pink is actually used for under eye circles with yellow tones, perhaps this is where I have been going wrong, I am definitely excited to use it now! (The place I found this out is actually worth a look  - link) And finally, probably the main reason I bought the palette - the 4th is a yellow corrector. I have heard time after time that a yellow corrector immediately diminishes under eye bags - yay! - by correcting blue-ey tones so I was super excited to try this!
 
 
 Next are just the general covering concealer colours, it is nice that - even if there isn't your colour in these, it's simple to just mix two - or even 3 - together and create your personal perfect blend.
 
 
So now - after rambling- what the post is actually about - DOES IT WORK?

Firstly, I tried the concealer on a blemish that has annoyingly appeared on my face recently, and it did work, it lasts okay, but not really all day if outside, which I have been today and today is the only day I've had to test it so far- but the green corrector and number 5 in the concealer worked perfectly in covering it.

I also quite liked the feel of it on my skin - it is very think, however unlike some thick concealers it was easy to blend and didn't feel or look very thickly piled on, it actually felt quite moisturising I thought.


So there it is - my horrible dark circle! The yellow concealer made a bit of a difference, it brightened my eye but not quite the miracle I was hoping for! I think the problem is that my eye bags are much more purple than blue, and they also have a tint of brown which seems to be visible under any amount of concealer or powder - even foundation. I am pleased with the outcome of this concealer for the price - and I think if I use another one as well it will be a bit better - and I really do like the finish of it, but I don't think the yellow corrector worked enough miracles to convince me to go the full mile and spend £16 on Benefits 'Lemon Aid' like I was contemplating.

Is there a colour that corrects purple or brown?
 

Once I put a mixture of number 5 and 7 on top of the yellow concealer, it did seem to be much brighter and cover my dark circles quite well. I think because I am so aware of them and quite insecure about them I will see them through anything and it is hard for me to understand that maybe other people cant see them as much as I can - but I do think this concealer has covered them well.

I would definitely say that I would repurchase this - it is very good and for half the price of any decent low end drugstore concealer - I cant complain! It covered my blemish nicely and really did brighten the area under my eye with a natural finish.

What's your favourite concealer?
Are there any more posts you'd like to see?
 
Bye!
 
Please comment and Follow via Bloglovin' while your here!

No comments:

Post a Comment