Sunday 21 July 2013

My Everday Natural Makeup Routine

Hello Internet :)

Today I am going to be posing my everyday makeup routine and the products which I use. I would also like to add a sorry for the state that all of my products are in, I'm awful at keeping them clean.



So here it is - all the makeup I use for an everyday natural look. It looks like so much makeup layed out like that...



Right, so firstly after putting on moisturiser I apply foundation. Many people say that you are meant to put concealer on first but I find that I just rub it straight back off again so I do foundation first. I put one pump of my foundation - Rimmel Wake me up in Ivory 100- onto my hand and mix it with a small amount of moisturiser. I then rub I evenly into my face and go over it with my eco tools foundation brush 403 to make sure it is fully blended.
 



After foundation, I put on my concealer, I use the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 2. I normally do more than one layer of concealer because my eye bags are SO dark and horrible but to apply it I just use my ring finger and gently blend it in.


Next, I put on powder in an attempt to 'set' my foundation and concealer. I use the MUA Pressed Powder in Shade 2 with the brush in the picture and put it all over my face.


To finish off my face, I apply blusher. I always use the Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks in Peach Melba then I usually top it off with a little bit of this Asda Blusher in No.4 Pink.


By this point, my eyebrows usually have some foundation or powder in them, so I get that out then gently brush them over with this Maybelline Maser Shape Brow Pencil in Soft Brown, then I use the brush at the end of it to sweep through them. The colour is the same as my eyebrows and I don't go crazy creating any different shape with the pencil as I know some people do - and it works for them, just not me- I just find that using the pencil fills them out a bit and gives them more definition.



I don't wear eye shadow everyday but I normally do so I thought I'd include it in his post. When I do wear it I use this Chilli Pepper Colour Palette.
 
 
Unfortunately the colours in this palette do no have names but I can point out the ones I use for this look. To look natural, I usually go for the 2 colours just above the lip brush which I can only really describe as both quite taupe but the left with more purple tones and the right with more pink - but only very subtle. I also sometimes use a bit of the gold in my inner corner. I don't use the sponge brush which came with the set instead I just use an eye shadow brush and then a blending brush afterwards. I start with the pinky taupe colour (right of the 2) and sweep this all over my eyelid, I then take he purpley one (on the left) and just put a small amount of his in my outer corners then blend them well.
 
 
 

 
Before applying mascara, I ALWAYS curl my eyelashes. I find it so much easier to apply mascara and get right to the edges when I have curled my lashes. Here I have 2 eyelash curlers, one of which I keep in my makeup bag for when I'm out and about because I have quite a small makeup bag and the normal sized ones take up quite a bit of space. And then I just have a normal pair which I use when I'm a home. Both of these were from Primark at about £1 each and they have both lasted such a long time! I would definitely recommend an eyelash curler if you don own one already, especially as they can be picked up for such cheap prices!
 
 
 
Now obviously after prepping (curling) my lashes its time for mascara. I use he L' Oreal Telescopic Mascara and the Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara both in black. Although I'm not the greatest fan of the Scandaleyes mascara, it works well to put on top of my L'Oreal Telescopic one and in a way 'set' it. Its pretty self-explanatory how I apply mascara and the only thing I would say is that its important to 
make sure you get to all of the lashes, especially in the outer corners.
 
 
 
 
Lastly - but not leastly - I do my lips. I generally would've applied my lip balm a little while before, probably after powder or sometimes before any make up at all because I find that the lipstick goes on better if I do this, my choice of lip balm is Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm in Peppermint. Then I put on my Collection Volume Sensation Lipstick in 13 - Satin Bow.
 
 
 
And that's my Everyday Natural Makeup Routine done - surprisingly I can normally do this in under 10 minutes because I'm in such a rush! Please Comment and tell me any posts you'd like to see - or product recommendations as I love trying new things.
 
 
In a while Crocodile

 
I'd just like to say sorry for the funny sized pictures and the picture which isn't rotated - I'm not really sure what happened but I'll try to fix it soon :)
 
 
List of Products Mentioned
 
(all prices are just from Boots and Superdrug)
 
Rimmel Wake Me up Foundation - 100 Ivory - £8.99
 
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Light 2 - £4.19
 
MUA Pressed Powder - Shade 2 - £1
 
Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks - Peach Melba - £1.99
 
ASDA Blusher - No.4 Pink - £1.45 (obviously this price is from ASDA)
 
Maybelline Eye Studio Master Shape Brow - Soft Brown - £2.99
 
Chilli Pepper London Colours Palette - Unfortunately I think this product has been discontinued but 4 colour palettes with the same colours are available for £5.87 from Boots
 
Primark Eyelash Curlers - £1 each
 
 
L' Oreal telescopic Mascara - Black - £10.99
 
Rimmel Scandaleyes Mascara - 001 Black - £6.99
 
Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm - Peppermint - £3.69
 
Collection Volume Sensation Lipstick - 13 Satin Bow - £2.99
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi love your blog, follow for a follow?

    kristasclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, thank you so much! of course, Followed!

      Delete
  2. i've got that collection lipstick as well, and i LOVE it! :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love it too!! and your blog, its lovely, followed :) xxxx

      Delete