Tuesday 9 July 2013

Collection Lipstick Review

Hello Internet :)
 
I'd first of all like to apologise for the lack of pictures on this post, there was a problem with the focus on the camera and I figured better less focused pictures than a ton of rubbish ones.
 
Anyway, today I am going to be doing a kind o review of these 2 Collection lipsticks. I bought them boots a few weeks ago and I love both colours! They retail at £2.99 each, and when I got to the till I was delighted to hear that they have a buy one get 2nd half price deal so I got them both for £4.50, so they were only £2.25 each!

(Left) Satin Bow (Right) Sweet Tart
Both of these shades are matte, because I am allergic to an ingredient in all lip glosses (except the Barry m exact colour in the background) and glittery lipsticks so matte is important. I was really pleased when I found these, as many of the matte lipsticks are very expensive for my budget. I decided to go for a natural 'your lips but better' kind of pink shade from the volume sensation collection in 13 - Satin Bow and then a very bright pink from the lasting colour range in Sweet Tart.
 
I don't really have many bad things to say about these lipsticks but, as usual, I am going to start with the negatives. I find that I have to apply a lip balm 10 or so minutes before I apply the lipstick or it sinks in to all the cracks on my lips and doesn't look very nice at all. The packaging isn't all that exciting but I'm not really fussed about packets.  
 
Now onto good things. I really like the colours of these lipsticks and they last a pretty long time too. They are easy to apply and the price was excellent
 
 Overall I would rate these lipsticks a 9 out of 10, with one point off because I'm not sure if they'll last very long and I need to apply lip balm.

In a while Crocodile :)
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment