Tuesday 2 July 2013

Garnier BB Cream Review


Hello Internet :)


Today i am going to be enlightening you with a review of this Garnier BB cream. BB creams have been a bit of a 'thing' in the make-up 'world' lately, BB stands for Blemish Balm if you didnt already know. I think Garnier was the first high-street (drugstore) brand to bring out a BB cream, but now they are popping up all over the place!



I have this in the shade 'Light/ Clair' and when applying, i mix it with my Simple face moisturiser and apply with my Ecotools foundation brush.
To apply this BB cream, i first mix it on the top of my hand with a facial moisturiser (usually Simple), this is because i find that face products tend to leave lines on my face and this is also slightly dark, but it is the lightest shade they do. I then put a blob off of my hand onto each 'section' of my face (forehead, left cheek, right cheek, nose) and rub it in gently over my face, making sure to cover eveywhere, i then touch it up wit hmy Eco tools foundation brush and i'm good to go.

For £7.49, or around that, this is really well priced, there is 50ml in the tube which is quite a lot consiering most face products only contain 30ml. I'm not too keen on squeezy tubes for make-up as they become dirty much easier and I find it harder to judge the amount i should be applying.


I bought this from Boots for £7.49
Once again, i am going to start with the negatives. Firstly, it sometimes doesnt last brilliantly on my face, so it is sometimes needed to top it up. There is also that even the light shade is slightly dark which i mentioned earlier but i do not have any problems mixing it with a tiny bit of moisturiser, and this is also a problem for me, and wouldnt be for many other people.

It is also very light coverage, which not sure if that is a good or bad thing? In one way, it doestn cake your face or break you out, and is perfect for a day you are not wearing very much makeup, or you do not have any blemishes or spots that need covering. But in the other way it does not do such a good job at covering things. If i have a red patch or spot on my face, i feel the need to wear foundation as this gives me better coverage.

Now for the positives. I love the finish this has on my skin. When my skin is clear, this brightens my face and gives it a nice natural dewey look and soft feel. It is also very moisturing for my skin and does not cling to any dry patches at all. Another good thing about htis is that it in no way moves throughout the day, i hear of products a lot which move on peoples faces throughout the day however i am pleased that this does not.

Overall, i would definately reccomend this as a make-up essential.

In a while Crocodile :)


No comments:

Post a Comment